Liz's New Zealand Adventurings

Monday, October 24, 2005

Shakespeare was a smart man.

today was one sunny day. Had to wear two different outfits (jeans: also nonconducive to hiking), went on three walks, had four big talks, and ate five times.

  1. The weather was glorious, a slight wind providing the balance for the intense sun.
  2. Jeans and cardigan pulled off the look this morning, with a tank top and shorts ensemble for the remainder of the day.
  3. A delightful jaunt around a bit of the Otago harbour, half-way up to Flagstaff (through thick foliage - complete with all sorts of pokey stickers and thistle-y type growth. trail was discovered in time for decent), and up Baldwin 1.5 times more than exceeded my "30-minutes-of-exercise" hoy.
  4. This day just wouldn't be complete without conversation! Michael, Greg, Denise and Meade all recieved an earfull and contributed to my life.
  5. Kicking off the day with my homeade porridge, I followed this up with a short white, a scone, a banana, and a fantastic black bean burger dinner created by my flatmate, Nicole. Dinner hit the spot.


The End.

9 Comments:

  • If it's "30 minutes of exercise per hoy" you're on about, and moving above and beyond the shackles of those thirty minutes, you should move out to Caversham and walk into town and back each day. It's like a twelve kilometre round trip, each day. I'm well getting my ten thousand steps a day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 25 October, 2005 01:57  

  • Very impressive. I suspect I'll see that walk at least once in the next two weeks. But maybe not, I pretty much only like to walk and talk and I can't well do that by myself. I do, but it looks weird.

    By Blogger liz, at 25 October, 2005 02:03  

  • Well, you could walk all the way out here, compose your conversation on the way, and then talk. Pre-talk composition saves time later on.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 27 October, 2005 22:44  

  • truth. But I'd be so concerned about getting lost, or mugged, or dehydrated/bladder exploding that I might not be able to focus on any conversations in the near future. That would be a pity.

    By Blogger liz, at 27 October, 2005 22:48  

  • Ok, I've done the walk - twice - and nothing bad happened. I now deem it as a safe passageway. What a relief.

    By Blogger liz, at 29 October, 2005 04:30  

  • Mel! I'm so glad you're joining me in my Bring Your Toothbrush To Uni Club!! Isn't it fun?! There's something exciting and simultaneously disgusing about brushing your teeth in front of all the girls washing their hands. I feel like such a rebel.
    ...actually, I used the toilet on the second floor of the union :o) But I really have brushed my teeth in the presense of a lot of strangers! Kind of felt like Natalie Portman's character on "Where The Heart Is" when she lived in Walmart.

    By Blogger liz, at 29 October, 2005 04:36  

  • She lived in Walmart?! Kind of like The Terminal, huh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 30 October, 2005 02:49  

  • Oh, she only lived in Walmart until she had her baby...in Walmart, of course. "The Walmart Baby." Then the sweet community welcomed her in. Just like in real life.

    By Blogger liz, at 30 October, 2005 13:45  

  • Indeed. Exactly like re[e]al life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 31 October, 2005 01:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home