Liz's New Zealand Adventurings

Monday, October 10, 2005

It's true, these are therapeutic

TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF - The Survey
Name: Elizabeth
Birthday: 8 January 1983
Birthplace: Costa Mesa, California
Current Location: Central Library, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Eye Color: Brown and Green (hazel?)
Hair Color: brown most of the time
Height: 5'6
Right Handed or Left Handed: right
Your Heritage: Swedish, Irish, Indian...regular Heinz 57
The Shoes You Wore Today: 2nd hand maroon shoes with two orange stripes a piece.
Your Weakness: op shops and bookstores
Your Fears: they're irrational - generally anything that would end in my causing my demise, such as throwing myself off a cliff or driving into oncoming traffic. Oh, and not knowing where something or someone is. I hate suspense.
Your Perfect Pizza: HEAPS of veges and some ham.
Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year: finish writing up and turn in my Congressional Award paperwork. Then Res wouldn't hate me forever.
Your Most Overused Phrase On an instant messenger: "Well, I really need to go now."
Thoughts First Waking Up: "Am I still tired? I'll just drop my head here until I decide."
Your Best Physical Feature: skin tone, eyes, ears
Worst Physical feature: my arms when I'm not fit
Your Bedtime: anywhere from 10pm - 2am lately
Your Most Missed Memory: dinners as a family
Pepsi or Coke: gag. blech. grotty.
MacDonalds or Burger King: Whoppers are the bestest!
Single or Group Dates: group...so long as they're not really dates. I'll stop there.
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: I pretty much only drink water
Chocolate or Vanilla: Chocolate!
Cappuccino or Coffee: Coffee Breyers
Do you Smoke: no
Do you Swear: Yes, but rarely on purpose. Slips out too often.
Do you Sing: If you know me you know I don't stop singing. Though I sing considerably less in Dunedin than I do in Idaho. Something about flatmates wanting peace and quiet, I suppose.
Do you Shower Daily: if there's time. Otherwise I employ the old bball cap.
Have you Been in Love: Not romantically.
Do you want to go to College: Desperately want to graduate. someday.
Do you want to get Married: Definitely (today is adverb day).
Do you believe in yourself: Nope. I know that there is nothing good in my flesh.
Do you get Motion Sickness: only ever since I rode that roller coaster three times in a row when I was 17.
Do you think you are Attractive: Yes.
Are you a Health Freak: My brother would say so. I am in the Pharisee sense.
Do you get along with your Parents: Si.
Do you like Thunderstorms: Yes!
Do you play an Instrument: I want to learn to play the guitar and piano.
In the past month have you Drank Alcohol: Ginger wine...mmmmmmm.
In the past month have you Smoked: No.
In the past month have you been on Drugs: Nope.
In the past month have you gone on a Date: Oh yeah! If you call going to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with a 12 year old a date.
In the past month have you gone to a Mall: Pretty sure I have
In the past month have you eaten a box of Oreos: No, but I did have an Oreo taste testing session with the flatties in which we compared US, Canadian and NZ oreos. No competition - Canada wins, hands down. US is a far second and NZ oreos? Well, they're just sort of sawdusty. No offense.
In the past month have you eaten Sushi: It was offered to me, but I turned it down. Not a big fan.
In the past month have you been on Stage: Have I ever!
In the past month have you been Dumped: No.
In the past month have you gone Skinny Dipping: Sadly, no.
In the past month have you Stolen Anything: I looked at the two bags of apples in my flat this morning (belonging to the flatmates) and thought to take an apple because I didn't want to trek up to the second floor to get one of my bananas. I didn't take an apple. I was just being lazy.
Ever been Drunk: no
Ever been called a Tease: Yes but I never liked it, so I try to avoid deserving that title.
Ever been Beaten up: Only verbally.
Ever Shoplifted: I stole pieces of 3 cent candy when I was about 9yrs old.
How do you want to Die: "The Jordan is waiting for me to cross through" - I don't care how (though I feel selfish for preferring a painless route)
What do you want to be when you Grow Up: wife, mother, grandmother, auntie, obstetrician/gynaecologist, someone who is ready for anything.
What country would you most like to Visit: Africa with my sister.
In a Boy/Girl..
Favourite Eye Color: Doesn't matter
Favourite Hair Color: No preference
Short or Long Hair: Short
Height: taller than me
Weight: whatever's healthy for him
Best Clothing Style: whatever looks good on him
Number of Drugs I have taken: Codeine when the wisdom teeth came out 5 days before my 21st.
Number of CDs I own: No idea of the actual count - more than 50?
Number of Piercings: two, have had 4
Number of Tattoos: none, I wanted a tiny freckle-coloured freckle (just so I could say I was a tattooed woman) but then I dreamt I'd gotten it and I was devastated. I remember that overwhelming feeling every time I consider a tattoo.
Number of things in my Past I Regret: They've been conquered at the cross, I don't dwell on them.

7 Comments:

  • tres interessant!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10 October, 2005 16:10  

  • I'm not going to enter into this whole "fill in a survey" thingy. I did that whole "10 Things, Nine Thises, Eight Thats" howsyourfather, but I'd rather remain an enigma when it comes to personal information like what I'd like in a girl, and what my ideal pizza topping would be.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10 October, 2005 20:43  

  • I don't really want to do another one so quickly either. I'll just continue to struggle to think of ideas on my own. At least Mr. Funk doesn't seem to have that problem.

    Heidi

    P.S. How can you be in love not romantically? Or is that a silly question?

    By Blogger Anemone Flynn, at 11 October, 2005 08:11  

  • ok, ok. So I did the survey thing because I wanted to post and I haven't filled one of them out for ages and I know they're annoying and not many people like to actually read them and they're dumb and junior high. But they are fun to fill out. I like the simplicity of "fill-in-the-blanks-with-your-own-answers." Especially after an oral exam in Espanol.

    And Heidi, I think you have a point. Being "in love" typically refers to romantic love. Cheesy me, I meant I love my family and friends and dog and black jacket.

    By Blogger liz, at 11 October, 2005 14:05  

  • Michael, you're smart. Abstaining from this survey is the best way to go. Enigmas are terribly intriguing.

    By Blogger liz, at 12 October, 2005 22:25  

  • Winston Churchill once described someone (Hitler, I think) as an enigma wrapped in riddle enveloped in a mystery. I like to think he might have been talking about me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 13 October, 2005 00:20  

  • Hmmm, although slightly less Hitler-esque, I do think that is a good description of Michael Tarry.

    By Blogger liz, at 13 October, 2005 01:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home