Liz's New Zealand Adventurings

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Sad News from Home

I recently found out that a friend from highschool, her husband and their 5 week old daughter were killed in a car accident the night before Mother's Day. My heart goes out to their families. I didn't know her husband, but I know her family and she was really close with a lot of my friends.The two men responsible for the car accident both survived.I don't have many words at this point, but my faithful King does.Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation. 2 Corinthians 1:2-7So, for all the people involved, those who loved my friends and those who love the two men involved in the accident, I commit them to the faithful God. Lord, thank you for Your loving provision in everything. Thank You for the comfort you offer to those that are hurting, that You bind broken hearts and that You carry Your sheep close to Your heart. Praise You for life, acceptance and truth through Jesus. You are so faithful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home