Liz's New Zealand Adventurings

Friday, January 27, 2006

Ok, let's count up the credits again, JUST to make 100% sure...

Time: 14:47
Date: Thursday 25 January 2006
Place: Office of academic advisor, Boise State University

My head begins to spin and I can't read the words that are before me. I can barely smile though I feel like screaming for joy. My academic advisor and I have just gone over my Boise State transcript. The first run-through leaves me with the joyous information that, after this semester, I only need three more classes to graduate.
But wait! What's this? Two classes we've forgotten to count?! Can it be true???
My brain starts swimming. I can't focus on anything.
"Liz, if you can either take an online course or CLEP out of an Area II class (a list of twenty or so) in addition to your current class schedule you can graduate in May."
I scramble to the computer lab to print off a graduation application, email Heather with the news and drop two unnecessary credits. Then I get on the phone in the hallway (one of the last free-local-calls-allowed-not-just-on-campus-only) and ring: Mom, Dad, Paula and Aislinn. Mom nearly cries. Dad is beside himself. I am to be the first university graduate. Sarah tells me later that when Dad gets home from work, Mom quietly asks him if I'd called. They both smile.

Now the hardout studying begins. Just in case I'm quite absent from the blog realm, know it's for this reason: my attitude is changed for my last semester as un undergrad. No more Miss Nice Guy.

3 Comments:

  • Keep it up!

    By Blogger Anemone Flynn, at 01 February, 2006 14:20  

  • Oh, that is neat! You'll be able to wear your gown, and have letters after your name, and everything! Wicked cool.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 02 February, 2006 21:02  

  • ok, whoa. My blog went all wee-ee-eeird on me.

    Back online, yippee!

    I know, isn't graduating rad?! I'm actually enjoying this semester simply looking forward to that blessed day oh-so-soon.

    I can understand why one would want to acquire many degrees. It's all about the ceremony and the tassel, man. Exhilarating. No, really. And the sense of accomplishment. Ahhhhh. I can feel it already.

    By Blogger liz, at 15 February, 2006 21:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home