Liz's New Zealand Adventurings

Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Cinderella

I'm over visiting a good friend in Nampa, Idaho. I've known Jenna and her husband for about 4 years now and have babysat their three children. Jenna's coaching Mum and I how to supplement the income as an Ebay seller of baby and maternity clothing.
It's been really fun getting back together with friends. Before I left Dunendin, my friend Helen (who'd moved from England to marry a Kiwi man) asked me what it was that I'd missed about Idaho during the last year.
"Relationships," said I, "Definitely the people."
She nodded and said, "I miss 'history.' I miss telling a friend something and knowing that she understands exactly where I come from when I say it."
Aislinn has said, "All of our conversations stem from the thousands of little talks we've had..."

But I've discovered a newfound joy in developing relationships. In my God lessons about time, I realised that I can't have the relationships I want in a short amount of time. You just can't rush the unfolding of a personality. People, as ogres, are like onions. Lots of layers.

Home is good. And I miss everyone in New Zealand.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home