Liz's New Zealand Adventurings

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Reply to Heidi

So, yesterday I stopped by the rec after my Nampa campus class. As it so happened, I arrived at the intersection of Midland and Roosevelt only 30 minutes after the hideously awful shooting rampage ended in a car accident there. I first thought it was only an accident, but then I saw the news crew. Later I found out that what I had thought were businessmen trying to help guide traffic were actually detectives.
Now, after class on Wednesdays I usually go to my grandparents house for dinner. Yesterday I had to study for a test so I had cancelled with my grandparents.
Once I got to the rec my dad phoned and informed me of the true nature of what I’d seen. He was quite relieved to hear that I was safe and told me that the shooting had begun in a Walmart and continued through town, complete with a pit stop to change a flat tire because it had been shot.

I really can’t believe it happened. I suppose this is how L.A. began.
Two vehicles driving down an extremely busy boulevard at rush hour WITH CHILDREN IN ONE OF THE VEHICLES shooting at each other. Seriously. And there’s actually an argument that “people are, deep down, good at heart.” God save us.

All that to say, Heidi, that I was going to ring you and ask if you wanted to join me at the rec, but then I thought, "I'm going to be on an elliptical machine for 30 minutes and I'm going to have my eyes glued to my notes. I'd have to ignore her. It would be dumb to invite her and not talk to her."
There you go.

2 Comments:

  • Huh. And I forget to invite you because I'm just going to want to read my book and might ignore you!

    Sounds like we should get together some time and ignore each other real hard.

    Not to mention, I've been very lazy, like I said, and would actually like to go exercise in the afternoon/evening instead of at 6am like normal.

    Ring me up!

    Heidi

    By Blogger Anemone Flynn, at 24 February, 2006 14:52  

  • Dear me, I am disconnected. I hadn't heard anything at all about any shootings.

    Turn off the music and listen to the new once in a while, why don't I?

    But you can't sing along with the news ...

    By Blogger Anemone Flynn, at 24 February, 2006 14:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home