Liz's New Zealand Adventurings

Saturday, September 10, 2005

I am gross, it's true

Enough wedding talk.
I've been contemplating writing a post on my demented sense of humor. I find normal bodily functions and noises hilarious. I've always known that my family gets the biggest kick out of less-than-socially accepted subject matter, but lately the topic has been on my mind.
For example, some of my best family memories were when we were at the dinner table and someone would *gasp* fart. Dad had to outlaw intentional farting at the table for a few years because it got out of hand. And for Father's Day this year, The Fart Blaster 3000 (with Boombox Technology) was gifted. While I was at home last week, we had WAY too much fun with it.
Then there were the evenings when my brother would successfully attempt to ignite his gas expulsions...in the living room. These were normal, watching-tv-and-resting-after-long-day evenings.
That said, I must admit I am fairly dainty in my everyday interaction with friends (though I am proud of the odd 10 point belch). More than twice I have shocked a friend with my antics and offhand remark. Thankfully, for the most part, I've learned to feel out a situation and determine when, where and with whom those comments are somewhat alright to mention. Ha!
But yesterday....ahhh....we had an 10hour rehearsal. After practicing the "fight" scene in which I am thrown across the stage, the actress who throws me approached and asked if I'd seen Dumb and Dumber. When I replied that I had, she told me that after I'm thrown and lay in a crumpled heap, it reminds her of the petrol station toilet stall scene when Jim Carrey sits and sucks his thumb, "Happy place...happy place..." while huddling in the corner.
Now, when I'm asked whether or not I've seen this movie, I usually don't admit that I actually LOVE it. However, yesterday, I did. Much to my joy, my friend admitted to loving it as well! Not only that, but she actually admitted to loving the OTHER toilet scene. It's a classic. Mainly because I always recall how hard my Pa laughed when he first saw it. Tears rolled down his face.
Well. I guess that's about it. Just so you know.

4 Comments:

  • (giggle)

    By Blogger Anemone Flynn, at 11 September, 2005 09:55  

  • I got to chat with your mom yesterday, and she verified your story about wanting to see me -- not that I doubted you! I was looking at you profile and I saw the semi- question; yeah, I saw that one, but there was one I particularly wanted to answer, and it won't come back around! I keep asking for a new question, and it's no longer in the loop, I guess. Oh, well.

    By Blogger Anemone Flynn, at 11 September, 2005 09:58  

  • Oh, my poor Marm...did you hear about her mouth? How is she doing, anyway? She's not answering my emails...at least I know she's alive.
    Sometime I'll take a look at all the profile questions, they're fun. I didn't have time the other day, but the semi- question was pretty funny, considering.

    By Blogger liz, at 11 September, 2005 12:25  

  • Yes, I heard the root canal saga - she's fine, but she's resting a lot. She had a long conversation with my mom and told her all about how the dentist was poking around in there, said "uh-oh, I've never had to do this before" and drove her over to the oral surgeon's office because her tooth had fused to a bone in her sinuses. I think that's right...She told me she was doing some mending and reading and such to relax, and she's on pain meds.

    By Blogger Anemone Flynn, at 11 September, 2005 16:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home