Liz's New Zealand Adventurings

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Typical NZ morning in the life of me


Typical NZ morning in the life of me (24 August 05 - wed)
13 days ago

~7am: roused from sleep by scratchy talk radio. Call-in question de jour: "A woman gives birth to two babies born two minutes apart on the same day, same month, same year. They are not twins. How can this be?" Second caller guesses correctly: "They're triplets."

Turning off the radio, I grab my Bible. It's this thing I'm learning constantly; even though I might not feel like reading, might not feel like it "does" anything...it does. "

Sidetracked in the Wilderness," by Michael Wells, puts it this way, "we don't come to the Word to gain knowledge. We come to the Word for LIFE" (emphasis mine).

Thankfully, God is greater than our hearts and He knows everything (1 john 3:20) and that was something I needed to hear and remember.

After reading, I may journal, check my email (we've got broadband!), do some homework.

Some mornings Denise and I swim. On these morns I roll off the mattress and into my shoes. Grabbing my bag, I brush my teeth and fall down to the ground floor before jogging the block (past all the factory guys waiting for their work to open) to Denise's. Most mornings I eat my daily oatmeal, make my lunch, and head out the door for the 15 min walk to uni.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home