Liz's New Zealand Adventurings

Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Time

...it's always getting away from me.
Take today for example.
I actually had a fantastic recovering-from-jetlag sleep last night and saw the 6 o'clock hour this morning (my favorite of the day, but I rarely see it).
I finished my spanish homework in a timely manner and headed off to uni for a full day of wise time-utilisation. Upon entering the classroom, I took my seat and, while retrieving books from my pack, had the horrific realisation that a seam on my trousers had split.
It was at that point that I remembered why I hadn't worn those trousers recently. When I was at home, I had the blessed opportunity of changing out some of my wardrobe for my remaining time in NZ. But I only left myself a few hours (there's that time theme again) to unpack/repack before leaving Idaho.
Oooh! Those trousers are great!
Why don't I wear them more often when I'm home?

Hmmm. Good thing I brought that sewing kit. There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.
Anyway, the split seam meant that, instead of taking care of an errand in town and then studying until Abnormal Psychology at 3, I had to go home and change. Just a quick pop-home-then-head-out. Right.
So, here I sit. Tengo diez minutos a almorzar.
At least I know what I'm making for dinner tonight.
And the seam is stitched up.

1 Comments:

  • great, i can comment without having to divulge my life story and social security numbers etc.

    Tell us more about the wedding, pictures, touching moments etc.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 07 September, 2005 21:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home