Liz's New Zealand Adventurings

Thursday, September 8, 2005

flatties!

The newest flatmates are Nicole (far L) and Meade Danielle, aka "Hotstuff" and "Family" (middle).

Angela (polka dot headband), Claire (far R) and I pretty much think they're the bomb. Combined, that is. Or something.

I suppose I shouldn't speak for Anj and Claire, but I just love MD and Nicole. The Lord has really blessed me through them...

This pic was from a night out at the Robbie Burns, just after second semester began. I don't know about Anj and Claire (the three of us have been here since feb.), but I sure felt like an "old pro" - totally comfortable in Dunedin for the second semester. Our group was mostly comprised of new-to-the-scene international students. The excitement and anticipation of the next four months was just about oozing from their pores.

And I thought, I remember that.

Claire, Anj and I had just returned from Oz a few nights before. Claire and I had been discussing how we both felt it was the beginning of the end. But it was great to be reminded of how wonderful it is to be in a different country, even if it isn't so new. Praise God for newness, in all senses.

2 Comments:

  • Come on, what about the wedding? I'm going to keep bothering you until you spill, Liz!

    By Blogger Anemone Flynn, at 08 September, 2005 09:07  

  • Oh boy, here's the book on the wedding!
    Mel, I know it sound like a long time, but could we do lunch in two weeks? I'll even ink you in!! I've just got performances next week and three assignments due (one of which I had to get an extention for)...I hope I live through this :o)
    Hides, you just keep bothering me. See if I care! Ha! I laugh in the face of animal killers! ...er, I mean, danger!

    By Blogger liz, at 08 September, 2005 18:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home