Liz's New Zealand Adventurings

Saturday, November 5, 2005

always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres

It's hard to believe I left home 9 months ago. February 9 I flew out of Boise to LA and arrived in Auckland on the 14th of February, in Dunedin the 17th. I'm hoping to leave Dunedin this monday, 14th November, to drive up to Auckland, stopping for a tramp and a bit of city-visiting along the way. If that doesn't work out, I'll have a few more days here to say goodbye.
I feel both numb and highly sensitive to everything.
I have to finish studying for exams (should be doing that right now), pack up all my belongings, try to sell off particular items (bike or wee table, anyone?), clean the flat, send things to Auckland, and accomplish a multitude of other mundane, yet heartbreaking, tasks. Goodbyes are the hardest.
I AM excited to come home, don't think otherwise, it's just that I'm not the same anymore. And I'm tired of painting pictures of Egypt. I won't try to explain now how I've changed, or how this time, these people and the truth have impacted me over the past months. I think I'll be spending the rest of my life thinking about it.

While moving forward.

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has
made. The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look to You, and You give them their food at the proper time. You open Your hand and satisify the desires of every living thing. The Lord is righteous in all His ways and loving toward all He has made. The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth. He
fulfills the desires of those who fear Him; He hears their cry and saves them." Psalm 145:13-19

"Answer me quickly, O Lord; my spirit fails. Do not hide Your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul." Psalm 143:7-8

1 Comments:

  • Mel, I have loved knowing you this past year. Spanish wouldn't have been the same without you ;o) I'll still have my mobile in Auckland, so you can still text me. But I've taken down your number so we can *hopefully* meet up before I go. Trip to sunny beachiness perhaps? Love you, Mel

    By Blogger liz, at 08 November, 2005 23:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home