Liz's New Zealand Adventurings

Wednesday, November 2, 2005

I match my sister now

Yesterday flatmate Nicole and I went to get her ear pierced. It was a birthday present from me. She's a pierced woman, I tell you, with 7 to count at the moment. Two holes in each lobe, tummybutton, recent eyebrow and now cartilage of the right ear. I'd been contemplating it myself, and decided to go for it. Piercing the cartilage, that is. Much less painful than I'd heard - and I can't tell yet (waiting for possible infection), but I think I prefer the gun over the needle for piercing. We'll see.
I feel a bit of a 90s punk - sweeping the hair on the left side of my head waaaay back and showing off my piercedness. Now for some bling and a chain. I figure I'll pierce my lip, nose and ears (a few more times) and get hoops for all of them. Then I'll slowly distort my face by linking up all the hoops with the chain and ever-so-gently tightening it up over time... ;o)

3 Comments:

  • Make sure you document each step for posterity.

    By Blogger Anemone Flynn, at 02 November, 2005 16:03  

  • absolutely. They'll want to know.

    By Blogger liz, at 02 November, 2005 16:30  

  • Hmm, well, if I get the piercings now, I'll bet I can get to be at least pretty swollen-looking in the two weeks or so before Auckland. But I'll only do it if I get to see some of the proceeds...and by "see" I mean "keep," of course. Just in case you were going to go all technical on me :o)

    By Blogger liz, at 04 November, 2005 17:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home